Marketing and Communications Manager, Endeavor Miami
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Endeavor is a global organization leading the high-impact
entrepreneurship movement around the world, nurturing
entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging markets through mentorship
and services for scale-ups. With 40+ markets and 2000+
entrepreneurs in its network, the non-profit has helped create 3M+
jobs, generate $40B+ in revenues and raise $10B+ in equity capital
in 2021. You can learn more about the organization here.
The Endeavor Miami office launched in 2013 and today counts with 32
companies in its portfolio, represented by 51 entrepreneurs. To
join Endeavor as a member, an entrepreneur needs to go through a
selection process that includes several rounds of local and
international vetting, which can take up to a year to be
In 2019, Endeavor Miami launched cohort initiatives to catalyze the
growth of earlier-stage local companies, helping bridge the gap
between startup and scaleup. These initiatives are:
- EndeavorLAB: a cohort-based initiative to support
underrepresented founders in Florida in building a foundation for
scale. For companies generating $50K to $500K in annual
- Endeavor ScaleUp: a four-month cohort-based initiative that
equips high-growth founders in Florida with the network and
resources to gain clarity on their path to scale. For companies
generating $1M to $4M in annual revenues.
In 2022, 15 companies took part in ScaleUp and 34 companies in
EndeavorLAB, joining an alumni network of over 125 high-growth
businesses and counting. Together, they employ 1,590 individuals
and have generated $131M in revenues in 2022.
Endeavor employs professionals who are passionate about
entrepreneurship and believe in Endeavor's mission to support
high-impact entrepreneurs to catalyze economic growth in Florida.
Endeavor provides a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment for
those who enjoy a challenging environment where initiative is both
expected and required, and an opportunity to take on leadership
roles for developing new and exciting initiatives, projects and
partnerships to support entrepreneurs in Florida. As a
well-established international organization, Endeavor also provides
and requires access to influential thought leaders from Florida and
around the world.
Endeavor is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to
lead Endeavor Miami's marketing and communications strategy and
team, whose main goal is to support Endeavors mission on developing
the local entrepreneurial ecosystem. This position will also
support the brand awareness and high level positioning of Endeavor
in Miami and South Florida.
- Brand Management: Responsible for building brand awareness as
well as developing relevant collateral materials and marketing
campaigns. Will use Endeavor's global corporate identity framework
and will work with the Endeavor Global marketing team to assure
branding is in line.
- Outreach and Thought Leadership: Define, implement and manage
an integrated communications strategy. One of the key
responsibilities will be to work closely with our PR agency, to
develop and implement "eye catching" press releases, build and
maintain contacts with national and local press, as well as help
position Endeavor's Managing Director, board members, and
entrepreneurs as effective thought leaders for entrepreneurship in
- Web and Social Media Content: Responsible for
building/maintaining Endeavor Miami's website, blog, landing pages,
as well as executing a social media plan, and social media
campaigns. Maintain and optimize the social media strategy,
coordinating with the team to ensure effectiveness and encouraging
adoption of relevant social media techniques and new trends.
Maintain daily interaction on social media and measure its
- Events: Responsible for maintaining an annual events calendar.
This includes development, planning and execution of all Endeavor
managed and branded events, as well as supporting Endeavor's
presence and participation in relevant community activities and
conferences. This person will attend Endeavor events, tend to
details on the day of, and ensure a smooth course, as well as
coordinate participation in conferences, panels, and activities
relevant to Endeavor partnerships. This person will work closely
together with the Endeavor Experience and Programs department to
make sure all events are executed properly.
- Networking: build and nurture relationships with the main
players in the Florida entrepreneurial ecosystem to guarantee
Endeavor's branding and participation in the most aspirational
initiatives for entrepreneurs
- Content Strategy: Responsible for overseeing and producing
relevant content for entrepreneurs, in order to generate leads and
position our own voice in the ecosystem. It also includes
developing our annual impact report and related editorial
- Team Management and Strategy: Design, support, implement and
facilitate execution of the marketing and outreach plan. Define a
clear implementation plan with KPIs for the Marketing team.
Translate the overall marketing objectives into effective and
measurable communication strategies over different platforms.
Develop and maintain the marketing budget.
- Bachelor's degree, with 5-8 years of relevant work experience
(agency, corporate marketing or another related field).
- Good business judgment and creativity: developing, maintaining
and delivering on marketing and communications strategy.
- Social media savvy: understands how the different platforms
work and how Endeavor can make the most of them.
- Social Skills: the ability to develop good relationships and
expand the network to learn about and pursue new
- Ideal candidate has a growth mindset with a strong ability in
speedy operational execution. Working at Endeavor means constantly
switching hats between planning and delivering.
- Ability to work collaboratively. While you will have your own
responsibilities, a lot of the work requires coordination with
other team members across various departments. Strong interpersonal
skills to communicate results, challenges and collaborate on other
projects is key. A good team player.
- Entrepreneurial personality and capacity to achieve significant
results with limited resources.
- Creative, bringing out of the box ideas for the different work
lines such as events, content and strategy.
- Highly motivated, focused, flexible, adaptable, and able to
balance multiple priorities.
- High organizational abilities; strong attention to detail.
- Optimistic and creative in nature, self-motivated with a strong
- Strong project management skills.
- Must represent Endeavor with great professionalism. Must
maintain a professional attitude internally and externally that
meets our core values.
- Knowledge of Florida's economic and business and
entrepreneurial climate is a plus.
- Excellent English, both in written and oral communication
skills. Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
- Strong computer software proficiency (Word, Excel, Power
- Experience in InDesign is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Details about the Job
- Company: Endeavor Miami
- Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
- Location: Miami, USA (in-person) *Must be able to come to the
Endeavor office in Wynwood at least three days a week.*
- Start Date: March 2023
- Benefits: We offer 15 paid vacation days, remote and flexible
working days, 403B with match, health, vision and dental benefits,
global travel experiences, sabbatical/immersion opportunities, and
continuing education options.
- Entrepreneur First: You are mission-oriented and believe in
Endeavor's model to change the world through high-impact
- Go Big: You are someone whose curiosity drives them to dream
(and execute!) big as Endeavor reimagines its service offerings to
- Network of Trust: You're great with people! You naturally build
and maintain relationships with key players and have the superior
interpersonal skills needed to build trust with our entrepreneurs,
mentors, and teams in 40+ markets.
- Pay It Forward: You're someone with a service-oriented
attitude, who asks "What can I do?" before asking "What can I
- One Endeavor: You're comfortable working across cultures and
will thrive on working with colleagues in 40+ markets.
- Always Agile: You believe in the importance of planning but
never hesitate to change plans in the face of new data and
Keywords: Endeavor, Wellington , Marketing and Communications Manager, Endeavor Miami, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...